Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sad but not surprised

Today I finaly told DM & her DH about getting the artwork into Facets. I got them both together, facing me, we weren't in the middle of anything else so it should have been the perfect time to tell them. 

I said that I had some really good news to tell them & I wanted to see both of their faces as I told them.  They both said at the same time "K is going to have a baby brother"!! (Why brother and not sibling I don't know!) I said no, rather surprised as Im not sure where that one came from, and her DH said go on, you can tell us! Goodness knows what K has been saying when she was left there with DM on Sunday for an hour!!!

Anyway, I told them the big news about getting five of my pieces into a real shop, started by saying "Ive done it, Im a real artist". He was genuinely very happy for me and was very encouraging. But although she was also quite happy for me going by what she said, he was far more enthusiastic and she had very little emotion in her voice or face/eyes :'(

I went on to tell them about the sales to my neighbour L and the commission I have from her, but again he was the only one who seemed genuine in his congratulations.

I dont know, maybe Im wrong about all this and Im not seeing/hearing enthusiasm from her because that is what I am expecting now. Maybe she is being supportive etc but Im just not noticing it. Thing is, its not just me by a long shot who isnt noticing it. Others are saying the same thing as me, even my DS who knows DM the best, after all DS is older than me.

I dont even care if DM doesnt a actually like my work, all I am after is support and enthusiasm. Is that too much to ask? Ce la vie, time to learn to accept it and move on I think - that's what TA reckons I should do. DS thinks I should confront DM about it and try and get out of her why, etc. Thing is DM has been like this for a fair while, DS always used to confront her and it never made any difference. Whereas I went for the ce la vie approach, and DM & I get on fair bit better than DS does with her - not that that is saying a great deal tbh lol.

Anyway, right now what matters is that I have achieved it with God's help & guidance, and that I have friends and family who do support me and encourage me! I guess all in all I am quite blessed in that respect :-)

(Though it would be greatly appreciated if a certain NC would return certain Egypt books to where they belong & pay the fine pretty please. It is currently at £5-60 but I have renewed them to stop it getting any higher for now. And yes I do know you are reading this NC because you said you were, all of it, lol. Love you loads wonderful lady xxxxxx)

Thanks for reading folks, Im off to bed now so goodnight and God bless xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment